Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Forum Drinking Game!

I have formulated an idea.

I was over at Pharyngula, as I often am, when I came upon this picture. The picture is a bingo board filled with Liberal Christian sayings. The idea is you read a religious (or non-religious) based blog or forum and try to find comments to match the spaces on the bingo board. Now this is all well and good, but bingo generally does not involve drinking. This fact instantly makes it less entertaining and thus prompted a revamp!

I find the Liberal Christian sayings portion of the game to be a limiting factor. My proposal is that we change the game to be common forum comments. This would make the game slightly less infuriating. I imagine this is probably not an original idea, but I think it would be fun to come up with our own set of rules.

To play the game gather around a computer with a group of your friends. You need to have access to the interblag and an alcoholic beverage. Go to a popular forum or blog and select a thread or comment section. If any of the below events occur you must drink:

  • Someone exclaims "first!" when they are not the first commenter
  • Someone says "don't feed the trolls"
  • Someone says an alongated form of lol; such as lawlocaust, lollerskates, lolbbq, etc
  • Someone tries to pull off a Rick-Roll
  • Someone tries to sneak in the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Someone says "fail" or "win" (I wouldn't recommend using this rule on the Failblog site)
  • Someone says some form of "you were not prepared"
  • Someone posts their entire comment in L337 speak
  • The grammar police show up
  • When something is over 9000

This is what I have so far. I'll add to it as I come up with more. If you have any suggestions, let me know and I'll add them.

5 comments:

  1. we are doing this. tonight. Oh and just to help the game (p.s. you just lost THE GAME)
    First! (i actually am so eff you)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this might be the best idea you ever had. Question is: will it get us more drunk then the super friends game.

    ReplyDelete