Monday, September 15, 2008

Altar Boy To Atheist

I saw this and thought it was pretty interesting. It's about someone's conversion to atheism. There are a lot of interesting thoughts in there. Some of it reminds me of myself....

Particularly this part:

Simultaneously during my studies, I kept going to church with my family. I started to realize that the place was full of robotic, inflectionless voices. During the Nicene Creed (you know, “We Believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, etc. It’s the Christian manifesto), everybody said it, but you could see it in their eyes — nobody listened to what they were saying.


From Altar Boy To Atheist

Check it out.

1 comment:

  1. I'm an atheist, but I think when atheism is preached, and forced upon others it becomes a force just as bad as religion. usually I'd go on about how churches have helped society, and many do... but after seeing this and hearing more stories about this sort of thing I just don't think I can. Check it out.

    Evangelist: 'Puberty' is age of sexual consent

    ReplyDelete